Brewing Crash Course
22/08/2017 @ 9:15 am - 01/08/2027 @ 4:00 pm
Tutor: Jonny Mills
Head Brewer: Noel James
Saturday 23rd June, 2018
Tuesday 4th September, 2018
Saturday 3rd November, 2018
Course time: 9:15am – 4:00pm
Course cost: £120 (inc VAT)
Book a place
This course will cover the basics of brewing science and recipe design on this grain-to-glass, one day brewing crash course. Tutor Jonny will take you through the ingredients and processes required to make great beer.
- Brewing Overview & Beer Styles
- Brewing Water
- Cereals & Malting
- Mashing & Wort Production
- Wort Boiling & Clarification
- Fermentation & Maturation
- Beer Prep for Package
- Packaging & Dispense
To complement the teaching, students will be able to witness and refer to a professional brew during the course of the day with New Bristol Brewery’s, Head Brewer, Noel James. This gives weight to the taught element of the course and is a unique opportunity to gain insight into a professional brew day.
This class is an ideal starter course for the aspiring professional brewer and enthusiastic home-brewer alike. All recipes, ingredients, equipment and recipes are supplied by New Bristol Brewery School.
This course includes:
- Morning Coffee/Tea & Pastries
- Lunch – this will be provided by one of Bristol finest lunchtime eateries, these include Pieminister, Pinkmans and Harts Bakery. Vegetarian options available.
- An end of day beer in New Bristol’s tap bar with the Head brewer and team.
NB: Please remember this is a working brewery so wear practical clothes and shoes.