Tasting, Service & Cellaring
17/08/2017 @ 9:15 am - 01/08/2027 @ 4:00 pm
Tutor: Jonny Mills
Head Brewer: Noel James
Tuesday 20th March, 2018
Course time: 9:15am – 4:00pm
Course cost: £115 (inc VAT)
Book a place
We will take bar and restaurant staff through a wide range of different beer styles where they will learn everything from their origins, to their correct flavour and proper service, allowing them to talk knowledgeably and confidently recommend specific beers to customers.
The course also covers cellaring and cellar hygiene best practice to ensure your bar serves the best possible beer. Topics include:
- Beer Styles Tasting
- Off-Flavours in Draught Beer
- Beer Pouring and Glassware
- Cask Beer Cellaring
- Keg Beer Cellaring and Safety
- Line Cleaning and Cellar Hygiene
This course includes:
- Morning Coffee/Tea & Pastries
- Lunch – this will be provided by one of Bristol finest lunchtime eateries, these include Pieminister, Pinkmans and Harts Bakery. Vegetarian options available.
- An end of day beer in New Bristol’s tap bar with the Head brewer and team.
NB: Please remember this is a working brewery so wear practical clothes and shoes.